Customer Success Representative - Renewals
New Relic is a software analytics company that makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications in real time because we believe it’s impossible to delight customers without visibility into their experiences. And “delighting” our customers is where you come in!
We believe that keeping our existing customers is as equally important as gaining new ones. We advocate the principle of a virtuous cycle of renewals and improved revenue performance.
The Renewal Representative is a key individual contributor on the Renewals team that consistently delivers market leading retention rates and more. The Renewals team is a culmination of individuals who are passionate about customer loyalty committed to bringing the right people together with the intention of securing and growing our revenue.
This role will manage an assigned set of customers with a focus on maintaining and growing renewal rates and establishing relationships with a particular focus on retention and identifying opportunities for upselling.
Your ability to clearly articulate our value proposition, sustain and renew subscriptions, resolve customer issues/problems, and effectively manage your time will be the key to our mutual success.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for maintaining accurate customer master record including licenses, software expiration dates, customer contact information
- Develop renewal strategy and plan to retain and grow New Relic’s client base, with minimal client churn.
- Forecast accuracy
- Establish a weekly regular cadence to follow up on renewal opportunities.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Support teams to stay updated with customer issues and problems which might affect renewals.
- Work closely with Sales Team to track any upsell or cross opportunities and ensure renewals stay on track.
- Process all renewal activities for your assigned accounts, ensuring timely and accurate renewals are in place for all open agreements
- Work with customers to resolve any issues which may be preventing them from maintaining a relationship with New Relic
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in SalesForce.com
- manage and maintain accurate sales forecasts via SalesForce in line with set targets, strategic plans.
- Identify “at-risk” renewal clients early in the cycle and define and address issues inhibiting a successful, timely renewal.
- Negotiate terms that result in favorable outcomes for both New Relic and clients.
- Must have excellent communication skills to negotiate and finalize renewals by interacting with decision makers, end users and legal team on client side. Also, should be able to coordinate with internal sales, ops and legal teams.
- Educate and effectively communicate the value of company solutions to client decision-makers prospective accounts.
- Recognize trends to help develop programs which maximize retention
- 4+ years of experience with sales and/or renewing contracts
- Aptitude for and interest in financial analysis and outcomes
- Appreciation for and interest in the underlying drivers of business success across industry sectors
- Ability to organize and prioritize activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem-solving and analytical skills
- SaaS experience is a plus.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.