Director, Product Design
Calling all design leaders who are systems-thinkers, data-nerds, and passionate user-advocates; the New Relic One platform team is looking to hire the pivotal role of Director, Product Design. The ideal candidate is a seasoned change-maker with a penchant for driving product and organizational impact. You'll work across multiple product teams to deliver next-generation experiences that the world's best engineering teams rely upon.
You'll lead a high-caliber multi-disciplined product design team that includes design managers, product designers, service designers and UX engineers of whom are distributed across Spain and the US. You'll collaborate closely with design, research, and product language peers to build an effective united team that's leading best-UX-practices and product innovation. You'll partner with engineering and product management peers to identify and develop strategic opportunities. Your deep knowledge of users, the product, market, and UX craft will enable your success to populate roadmaps with prolific user-focused design solutions that have a measurable impact.
As a senior member of the UX team, reporting to the VP of Product Design, you'll play a key role at a formative stage in our expanding team's next-level of maturity, helping drive our UX vision. There's never been a more exhilarating time to be part of the Product Design team at New Relic.
What You’ll Do
- Define the bar for user-focused design quality and hold the organisation to an ever-improving measurable definition of good. You'll look after our scorecards, design principles and design system.
- Build effective collaborative relationships with other UX leaders, with product management and engineering peers, and executives alike.
- Cultivate a user-centric org, ensure positive outcomes and results. Champion informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met.
- Inspire your team and the larger UX org with your growth attitude, cultivate a culture of learning, introduce new ways of working and thinking to impact team effectiveness and satisfaction.
- Create and feed a strategic vision for your team, empower your managers in their roles, help connect all the individuals to how their role ladders up to the UX vision and company goals.
- Communicate broadly, the progress of your team, user success with design solutions, achievements of metrics and goals—how you are building influence and having an impact in the org and with users. Engender a design culture of sharing and feedback.
- Ensure operational health of your team: engage your team with our evolving career framework, coordinate resources, negotiate deliveries, balance creative and user-centric processes in a high-paced environment.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS B2C or B2B products
- 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your mentorship and leadership
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with product experimentation methodologies, lean design, and ways to measure UX success
- Can-do growth attitude: you're unwaveringly resilient, thrive in ambiguity, and love seemingly impossible challenges
- Experience attracting and hiring top talent, mentoring and retaining talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- An excellent communicator in both written and spoken English
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
- You're ideally based in Barcelona or Spain. We'll consider applicants from other locations noted below.
Qualified Applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.