Deal Strategy & Monetization Manager
Deal Strategy and Monetization Manager
We are looking for a deal & pricing strategist to join our Deal Strategy team. As part of this role, you will be required to exercise advanced business acumen to make strategic decisions on go/no-go decisions on the company’s largest and most strategic deals, including the creation and alignment of commercial frameworks, custom pricing and leading of pricing improvement initiatives. In parallel, you will be utilizing pricing analytics for decision support and providing recommendations to the Product, Finance and Legal teams. Your work will drive executive decisions that are core to our long-term success.
This role will work closely with the Sales team to vet and formulate repeatable commercial frameworks to help New Relic negotiate more effective agreements for our top Enterprise accounts. This role will also have the opportunity to manage the deal execution process, which requires collaborating with multiple functions such as Sales, Revenue Recognition, Finance, Legal, Product Management and Sales Ops to provide governance for non-standard deal approvals and supporting contractual terms.
What You’ll Do
- Provide thought leadership to develop innovative and strategic deal structures to fit the needs of the business and our customers
- Work with account teams to set deal objectives and create an actionable strategy to execute the deal
- Will assist Account Team and customer in final closure of any contractual/legal issues for the deal, including assisting on briefing Executive team on issues
- Drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Analyze pricing data and provide guidelines and recommendations
- Formulate end to end deal execution process that is optimized to balance closing deals quickly with internal controls
- Develop best practices for pricing, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions
- Partner with product teams on optimal pricing models and strategies for new products and bundled solutions
- Create sales support materials to educate sales teams on best practices and standards for product pricing
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our customers and how they use New Relic products
- 7+ years of experience in pricing strategy or deal structuring role
- Develop strategy for pricing and discount structure to maximize value
- Formulate, set, and manage strategy with account team to accelerate sales cycle
- Advise and discuss competitive positioning; craft strategy to address competitor’s pressure
- Formulate competitive financial models (e.g. cash flow, NPV, deal comparisons, etc.) to use as comparative tools to grow opportunity
- The Deal Strategy Manager/Sr. Manager must have a solid grasp on SAAS business models, contract terms. Value based pricing, contract negotiation, navigating internal processes, and superior communication skills
- Analytically outstanding and numerate with a high proficiency using MS Excel and other BI tools
- Strong business acumen with a “big picture” outlook
- Strong presentation and analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 a plus
- Comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the New Relic sales, finance and engineering teams
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- Must be a team player, who is diplomatic, savvy and has a high level of emotional maturity
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Previous coaching/training experience preferred
- A related BS/BA degree with advanced degree preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.