Technical Support Engineer
Are you ready to be a key player in our SaaS company, one that is setting the standard for technical innovation and customer growth?
New Relic delivers full-service App Performance Management (APM) as SaaS. We work with a broad range of Java, .Net, Ruby, Python, PHP, Node, and Mobile app developers – from startups to global Fortune 500 enterprise companies.
Yes, it is a great product and is incredibly easy to use. However, with customer sites sending us more bits per second than the whole world sends Twitter, and with an agile product that we constantly improve . . . New Relic customers do sometimes need help from Support.
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with other engineers to creatively and relentlessly solve customer problems. You will use your insight and imagination to help us identify reoccurring or systematic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
- This is not your average support team. We are highly collaborative and support one another in everything we do. We are growing, constantly improving, and setting higher goals.
- You will be using your technical support experience to demonstrate expert troubleshooting skills, have broad experience with web technologies and are competent with one or more of the following development frameworks: Java, .Net, PHP, Ruby, Python, & Node.
- Loves delighting people -- even customers who are having a bad day
- Has a track record of providing superior software support via email, phone, and social media
- Has an infectiously positive attitude and sees possibilities rather than obstacles
- Wants to be an integral part of a world-class support organization
- Can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- Is technically competent and curious about new software technology. (You might install Microsoft CTPs, dabble in Rails, play with Azure Cloud Services, spin up VMs, or geek out in other ways)
- Possesses a hunger for knowledge - always wants to learn more and do better (we are like that around here)
- Collaborates easily across teams or disciplines to solve problems
- Can work a flexible schedule in a 24/7/365 support environment
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.