Director, Sales Finance and Strategy
Director, Sales Finance and Strategy
San Francisco, California
We are looking for an FP&A Director to join our Finance team supporting the Sales & Marketing (S&M) organization! This role will report into our Head of FP&A. They will be an integral part of a high-profile team, owning the entire GTM (Go-To-Market) function including revenue, expense, and strategy initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Act as the Finance Business Partner to our Sales & Marketing organization on a global basis
- Assist in completion of the GTM quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting processes, operating plan variance analyses, and special projects
- Partner with Sales Strategy to enhance detailed financial models, track, and analyze financial S&M KPIs, uncover trends and assess current and future business risks and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with accounting during monthly close cycles to ensure all accruals are accurate and up-to-date
Ownthe corporate SaaS revenue forecast including variance analysis on a monthly basis, forecast updates and providing revenue scenario analyses
- Reconcile and forecast billings for deferred revenue and cash flow guidance
- Lead quarterly CFO/Board KPI presentations consisting of business-critical high growth SaaS Metrics (ARR, Churn, Productivity, Customers, etc.)
- Spearhead “outside the box” analysis to drive alignment on corporate goals
- Stay current with the latest SaaS industry trends and corresponding metrics
- Lead a team of finance professionals
- Act as a mentor / coach / developer of talent
- Oversee the work of your team and ensure
qualityand accuracy of deliverables
- 8+ years of FP&A experience around high growth tech companies, including some public company experience and familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) strongly preferred. Investment banking or consulting experience a potential substitute for FP&A experience.
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis, accounting, and corporate finance concepts required. Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and data modeling skills
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience, including managing, building, leading and recognizing high performing teams with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior communication skills with experience in developing credibility and influence across the Company through both quality of work product and proactive relationship-building with key business partners
Inclinationto seek simplicity in finding solutions to complicated problems.
- Ability to stay highly aligned with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including ASC-606
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Creative, innovative, confident, flexible and enthusiastic to assume responsibility and accountability
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, and Anaplan
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.