Senior Product Marketing Director
We’re looking for an expert product marketing leader to drive the corporate narrative for New Relic, working across the organization to develop a storytelling framework to propel the business forward.
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive SaaS-based observability platform built to create more perfect software. We are passionate about providing solutions and tools that help development and operations teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their applications and infrastructure. And we have a ton of fun doing phenomenal work!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Director who will define and execute product positioning and messaging that connects our corporate narrative with our platform story, highlighting both business and technical benefits. We are looking for someone with superior management skills and B2B product marketing experience who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth culture. You should be ambidextrous in your ability to work as effectively with product management, design, and engineering as you do with sales, marketing, and customer success. If having a tangible business impact invigorates you, and you are committed to setting the standard in your work, then this is the place for you!
The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of experience in product marketing, or similar experiences in product management or sales engineering at an enterprise software company targeting enterprise buyers. Experience at a cloud / SaaS company is preferred, as is experience in the monitoring/observability markets.
This position sits in our offices in San Francisco, California or Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Do
- Drive corporate positioning and messaging that resonates with our core audience: developers, IT Operations, and application owners, as well as economic buyers and decision makers including CIOs and CTOs
- Empower executive spokespeople with a clear, compelling narrative that encapsulates the New Relic value proposition
- Connect platform capabilities with business value to support broad GTM execution, ensuring that marketing and sales are enabled to scale out our story.
- Work across marketing to ensure the corp narrative is consistently represented across all channels (social, website, media, PR etc) and at the right altitude
- Drive and own core assets like keynote presentations for first and third-party events
- Execute thought leadership initiatives on topics relevant to our space and the future of our space, such as observability and DevOps
- Partner with the rest of marketing to create engaging content such as presentations, webinars, blog posts, data sheets, eBooks, and whitepapers
- Drive GTM strategy, and plan & execute launches in partnership with the launch management team
- Direct and on-site engagement with your team.
- 15+ years in product marketing, product management or sales engineering at a high-growth B2B software company
- Proven ability to effectively position B2B products for growth in the market, working with marketing and sales to build a healthy pipeline while increasing the velocity and rate of closing deals
- Experience crafting compelling corporate messaging
- Superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Compelling public speaking abilities
- Ability to cultivate, motivate, and inspire work teams
- Technical and business acumen
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience positioning technical products to both technical users and economic decision makers
- Strong technical depth and ability to learn quickly, balanced with sharp business sense
- Ability to effectively partner with all functions from engineering and product to sales and marketing
- Adept at influencing peers and managers, and building consensus in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.