Senior Salesforce Project Manager - Business Applications - Remote
When you hear "SaaS systems," do you jump up and down with happiness? Do you dive into data, recognizing potential opportunities, and driving them to solution? Are you interested in coordinating execution across partners and engineering teams? Then join our high growth business as we scale!
Our Business Applications Team is looking for a systems-focused leader to help deliver projects at New Relic. You'll work with the Sr. Manager of IT Program Management and help deliver a variety of critical initiatives, focusing on enabling and empowering end-users to get the most of our Salesforce, Marketo, and Xactly platforms. You will help to shape the future of our systems, tools, and business processes. You will work closely with the New Relic Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Legal and Financial Teams, so technical expertise will be critical to your success.
The ideal candidate moves fluidly from big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic multi-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity. We are looking for someone who can reflect New Relic core values: being bold, passionate, connected, authentic, and accountable.
In addition to our San Francisco office, we are open to remote candidates in locations where New Relic can do business. We prefer candidates who can work West Coast hours from a home office and have >1 year of success working remotely with a distributed team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the project lifecycle of medium to large SaaS implementation projects, including system and implementation partner selection, requirements gathering, project planning and management, risk management, communications, and partner management.
- Actively help multi-functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
- Use expertise to challenge the current business process, assumptions, and systems design when appropriate to drive team towards scalable solutions.
- Form positive relationships with operational partners and within multi-team projects to ensure delivered systems meet their needs.
- 5+ years of experience leading successful implementations or significant enhancements of SaaS systems: Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud), Marketo, Zuora, Xactly, Configure Price Quote (CPQ).
- Prior responsibility leading enterprise-level programs with multi-functional teams.
- Proficiency working with product, operations, and IT/engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd projects from inception to deployment.
- Solid grasp of software development process models in SFDC and non-SFDC ecosystems, as well as knowledge of modern program management methodologies.
- Experience with agile methodologies, particularly SCRUM.
- Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Portfolio/Confluence).
- Experience collecting then translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Advocate for continuous improvement.
- Strong problem solver and go getter!
- BS/BA in Business, Data, or Computer Science.
- Continuous improvement champion who sees opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules and improve quality.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.