Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
At New Relic, we love making products for software and ops engineers. Our customers use New Relic to answer their most important questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and reason about the performance of their applications.
As a Senior UX Designer at New Relic, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers and others to understand, design, construct, measure, and optimize our customer journeys. You are a creative problem-solver with a knack for tackling complexity and delivering clear, elegant design solutions. You believe the how and why are as crucial as the final deliverable, and you’re comfortable explaining your rationale to colleagues inside and outside of Design. Working as a designer in the complex Accounts space in our downtown Portland office, you’ll help our customers accelerate their development process and understand how their digital systems perform around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Play a lead role in uncovering user needs and designing new experiences
- Work thoughtfully from ambiguity to action by leveraging a solid user-centered design process
- Create experiences and build models for New Relic users and communicate them through workflow diagrams and wireframes
- Deliver low and high fidelity mockups and prototypes that clearly communicate your design direction
- Ensure your designs are based on a solid understanding of user needs, product requirements, and business goals
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to Influence strategic decisions across teams
- Collaborate daily with engineers, designers, researchers, writers, and product managers
- Raise the bar for design quality at New Relic by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
- Plan, facilitate, and share results from design research
- Be kind
- 4+ years experience in UX or interaction design and user-centered research methods
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools; Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Online portfolio of exceptional work showcasing your problem-solving skills and process in the digital space
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.