Senior Deal Strategy Manager
We are looking for a deal & pricing strategist to join our Deal Strategy team in Singapore. As part of this role, you will be required to exercise advanced business acumen to make strategic decisions on go/no-go decisions on the company’s largest and most strategic deals, including the creation and alignment of commercial frameworks, custom pricing and leading of pricing improvement initiatives. In parallel, you will be utilizing pricing analytics for decision support and providing recommendations to the Product, Finance and Legal teams. Your work will drive executive decisions that are core to our long-term success.
This role will work closely with the Sales team to vet and formulate repeatable commercial frameworks to help New Relic negotiate more effective agreements for our top Enterprise accounts. You also have the chance to lead the deal execution process, which requires collaborating with multiple functions such as Sales, Revenue Recognition, Finance, Legal, Product Management and Sales Ops to provide governance for non-standard deal approvals and supporting contractual terms in APJ.
What You'll Do
- Provide thought leadership to develop innovative and strategic deal structures to fit the needs of the business and our customers
- Work with account teams to set deal objectives and build an actionable strategy to execute the deal
- Will assist Account Team and customer in final closure of any contractual/legal issues for the deal, including assisting on briefing Executive team on issues
- Drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to get results
- Analyze pricing data and provide guidelines and recommendations
- Formulate end to end deal execution process that is optimized to balance closing deals quickly with internal controls
- Develop standard methodologies for pricing, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions
- Partner with product teams on efficient pricing models and strategies for new products and bundled solutions
- Create sales support materials to educate sales teams on standard methodologies and standards for product pricing
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our customers and how they use New Relic products
- 7+ years of experience in pricing strategy or deal structuring role
- Develop strategy for pricing and discount structure to maximize value
- Formulate, set, and handle strategy with account team to accelerate sales cycle
- Advise and discuss competitive positioning; craft strategy to address competitor’s pressure
- Formulate daring financial models (e.g. cash flow, NPV, deal comparisons, etc.) to use as comparative tools to grow opportunity
- The Deal Strategy Manager must have a solid grasp on SAAS business models, contract terms. Value based pricing, contract negotiation, navigating internal processes, and superior communication skills
- Analytically outstanding and numerate with a high proficiency using MS Excel
- Strong business acumen with a “big picture” outlook
- Strong presentation and analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Comfortable collaborating with C-level and senior members of the New Relic sales, finance and engineering teams
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- Must be a standout colleague, who is respectful, savvy and has a high level of emotional maturity
Nice to Have:
- Previous coaching/training experience preferred
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 a plus
- A related BS/BA degree with advanced degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.