Senior Revenue Accountant
Senior Revenue Accountant
New Relic is seeking a highly motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to be a part of our accounting team. This role will play an integral part on the Accounts Receivable team by supporting revenue, billing and collection operations and will be exposed to a wide range of opportunities to develop your career. The best person for this role is someone who is detail-oriented, eager to learn, passionate about technology, and excited to build a career in accounting.
What You’ll Do
- Audit our Internal Revenue Checklist based on US GAAP principles and ASC 606
- Assist with interim and annual audits to provide requested information to our auditors
- Assist in month-end close may include account analysis, preparing ad-hoc reports, reconciling data, auditing credit memos, and performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Participates in the daily/monthly Biling, AR, and Collection process
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, process, and review account adjustments, resolve customer discrepancies and short payments
- Weekly and monthly reporting regarding the status of accounts
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
- Identify internal control improvement opportunity and assist management with process changes
- 4-5+ years experience / related experience or equivalent - Big 4 or Large Regional public accounting experience required
- In-house accounting experience also required
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including complex areas such as revenue recognition
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and critical thinking
- Experience with SalesForce, Netsuite, Zuora would be a plus
- BA/BS / or equivalent, concentration/major in accounting
- CPA desired
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.