Senior Revenue Accountant
Are you a highly skilled accounting professional who wants to join a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages growth and thinking outside the box? Do you want to play a key role in preparing our company for rapid growth and shape the foundation of the Finance Department?
The right person for this job excels at problem-solving through critical analysis and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement. The role will primarily involve strategic planning, high-level financial reporting, and system assessment.
New Relic established an entirely new market with the first full-service application performance management (APM) delivered as SaaS. We work with a broad range of customers – from startups to global Fortune 500 enterprises – who are concerned with the performance of their web applications. We are disrupting a multi-billion dollar software, with your help, will do so even more so.
What You'll Do
- Audit our Internal Revenue Checklist based on US GAAP principles and ASC 606
- Assist with interim and annual audits to provide requested information to our auditors
- Assist in month-end close may include account analysis, preparing ad-hoc reports, reconciling data, auditing credit memos, and performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Participates in the daily/weekly/monthly revenue close process
- Identify internal control improvement opportunity and assist management with process changes
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, process, and review account adjustments, resolve customer discrepancies and short payments
- Weekly and monthly reporting regarding the status of accounts
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
- 4+ years experience / related experience or equivalent - Big 4 or Large Regional public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including complex areas such as revenue recognition
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and critical thinking
- Experience with SalesForce, Netsuite would be a plus
- BA/BS / or equivalent, concentration/major in accounting
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.