Senior Product Designer - User Experience Platform (Remote)
Join us as a senior designer for the New Relic’s Identity and Access Management tools. You'll play an instrumental role in shaping the way that developers and admins experience New Relic One, crafting the experience to enable administrators to manage their users, set up access controls and authentication, as well as contribute to the design of APIs and integrations. You’ll design visualizations, workflows, interactions, and more. You'll be responsible for the experience of a large product domain at New Relic, working closely with researchers, product managers, engineers and product language experts. . You'll be a vital part of a global community of designers, researchers, and writers, joining at a formative stage in the team's next level of growth. If you're a systems-thinker, a data enthusiast, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Conceptualize and specify user flows, interfaces, interactions, and overall experiences via mockups, diagrams, and prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, researchers, and writers to assess user needs and deliver quality experiences
- Work closely with engineers in the discovery and hand-off of designs to ensure high-quality execution and user adoption
- Cultivate a developer-centric experience via the gathering of user research and analytics insights to ensure user needs are met as more and more observability data is captured and made available for troubleshooting and other use cases.
- Support and drive design standards with our evolving Design System
- Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products
- Adept at working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Portfolio showcasing your best work
- Experience with Figma
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of product-led growth via experience with eCommerce and nurturing customer funnels
- Experience conducting ethnographic and usability research
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.