Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive SaaS-based observability platform built to create more perfect software. We are passionate about providing solutions and tools that help development and operations teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their applications and infrastructure. And we have a ton of fun doing extraordinary work!
The Growth Marketing Team is seeking a hardworking UX Designer/Researcher to join our high-impact web and analytics team. In this role, you will be a key contributor on our Marketing team, responsible for designing, executing, and iterating on a UX approach that focuses on growing demand generation to drive acquisition, onboarding, monetization, organic growth, and retention across New Relic’s public web properties.
The ideal candidate has experience both researching and designing UX from ideation through post-launch analysis and continuous improvement practices, and is confident in collaborating with business strategists, product owners, design, and development teams. The successful candidate knows how to balance being the voice of the customer when it comes to digital experience, and can also ensure designs scale appropriately from both a technical and strong Design System perspective.
What You'll Do
- Use consultative tactics to understand the needs of multiple end user personas as they move through multifaceted stages of the user journey, with the end goal of driving conversion and retention via a user-centric approach.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions, as well as be familiar with existing UI frameworks.
- Partner with design, research, language, and product management to build cohesive end-to-end experiences that seamlessly tie from website to product.
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings to ensure we are thinking through all requirements that are coming through the pipeline, and ensuring that these requirements fit in with a holistic and customer-driven strategy.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices.
- Common tasks and systems used include: visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, accessibility audits, and web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS.
- Are comfortable in a full-stack environment, and have experience and understanding of building systematic user interfaces and data driven products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in UX/digital design, user interface design, or quantitative/analytical field.
- 5+ years validated experience in UX/UI, digital marketing, web design; in-house or agency side
- 3+ years working closely with developer teams.
- Well versed in CSS, HTML, and other common web technologies.
- Experience creating custom digital experiences at the user or segment level.
- Strong understanding of content management systems and designing web experiences for scale.
- Experience solving cross-browser compatibility issues, and performance considerations.
- Strong commitment to creating highly usable and reusable toolsets for our all of our business partners.
- Experience optimizing digital interfaces for greater engagement, conversion and brand affinity, aided by A/B testing methods and technology like Optimizely, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Ability to think on your feet and make difficult calls when it comes to prioritization, decision-making, etc.
- Excellent communication capabilities – written, verbal and visual/spatial.
- Enterprise CMS experience, preferably Drupal and Wordpress.
- Experience designing in the tech/SaaS industry.
- Experience leading Design Thinking workshops and projects.
- Understanding of other integrated marketing channels including: email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, SEO, and SEM/paid advertising.
- Proven skills in strategic planning and execution
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.