Technical Marketing Editor
Are you looking to put your development or technical writing skills to use on a team passionate about storytelling and creative narratives? Would it be motivating to write and edit blogs, ebooks, infographics, and white papers that resonate with a technical audience?
We are looking for a curious, inventive, and experienced writer and editor to help us create content of interest to a technical practitioner audience at all stages of the buying cycle. If you want to take ownership of articles having to do with AWS career certifications, mastering Kubernetes, how to integrate telemetry data from Ruby agents, Kafka standard methodologies, and other such topics, this is the ideal role for you!
You’ll draft and edit content about monitoring and observability technology that helps our customers understand the state of their entire IT stack. Based out of either our San Francisco office, Portland office, or a remote location, you’ll deliver thought-provoking content on a consistent, ongoing basis. By working closely with our product leaders, engineers, and our Developer Relations team, you’ll research, write, edit, and copyedit technical, “how-to,” and "behind-the-scenes'' content that attracts and engages our audience of Data Nerds. You will also showcase New Relic’s technology story, educate and empower content creators throughout the company to author original content. If this sounds like your ideal job, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Research, write, and edit content; ensuring we are publishing a steady stream of impactful, high-quality content.
- Pen both long and short-form content including ebooks, white papers, blog posts, infographics, executive points of view, and more.
- Participate in building and leading an editorial calendar that addresses Google search patterns, answers our audience’s top questions, and motivates readers to take action and engage with us further.
- Work closely with members of Marketing and Engineering to help the company achieve broader goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrate willingness and interest in learning all that you can to stay current on both technology trends and content marketing best practices.
- 7+ years experience in either technical writing, documentation, or editorial positions, ideally in the B2B SaaS enterprise software market; developers and engineers are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong writing and editing skills required—you should be able to organize and structure a narrative.
- Experience with visual information and information hierarchies—you have a good eye for pairing effective images with text to produce compelling web content as well as infographics.
- Passion for writing clear, engaging articles about technical topics for a wide audience, from developers to C-level executives.
- Deep understanding of modern enterprise technologies used by developers and IT operations practitioners to build outstanding digital experiences for their customers.
- A positive and fun attitude with ability to collaborate closely with technology-focused members of our team to help craft their voice.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and multitasking skills, as well as ability to initiate, innovate, and offer ideas.
- Proven track record creating technical content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or a technical field.
Remote applicants in any United States location will be considered.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.