Product Designer- East Coast (Remote)
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Experience Design team at New Relic! You will help ensure our users get the most out of our platform by helping them make sense of all of their telemetry data and stay on top of their stack. You should take happiness in tackling complicated problems and delivering simple and intuitive solutions to users.
At New Relic, we invent, experiment, and launch products and features that build on and enhance the experience of our users! We innovate and experiment to find that next groundbreaking opportunity in observability throughout the entire development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the product design vision by building concepts and specifying user flows, user interfaces, interactions, and overall experiences via mockups, diagrams, and interactive prototypes
- Partner closely with product, engineering, research, language, and our customers to propose a solution, seek feedback, and iterate based on data you collect
- Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to sophisticated technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Support design standards and consistency though our Design System
- Drive quick design experiments to evaluate their impact on the product, both for users and business
- Work with an international team in the US and EMEA regions
- At least 2 years designing and shipping digital products, preferably in the B2B or Enterprise space
- Knowledge of the product development process, from product thinking to visual and interaction design
- Experience with Figma and Design Systems
- A portfolio showcasing your best work with at least 2 shipped projects that demonstrates your ability to produce thoughtful, real-world product experiences
- Motivated self-starter who will work closely with cross-functional partners and with the ability to show up as the designer in the room
- Strong eye for UI details and a love for high-quality interactive design
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- Experience conducting usability research, testing-and-learning know-how to measure and refine designs based on product and market data
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software, specially in the display and management of high volumes of data
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and developer experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.