Deal Desk Analyst
Deal Desk Analyst
More than eleven years ago, New Relic established an entirely new market with the first SaaS full-service application performance management, an offering previously available only through on-premise enterprise software. We are disrupting a multi-billion dollar software market and having fun doing it! Our customers are a broad range of tech-oriented companies – from start-ups to global Fortune 50 enterprises – all of who depend on us for the performance of their web and mobile applications.
Our growth continues to be explosive and that’s where you come in! We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Deal Desk Analyst to join our Finance organization. This role will be key in maximizing the value of New Relic products sold along with the related revenue associated with those sales.
The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers, safeguard New Relic revenue, and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams.
The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs and excels at problem solving through critical analysis and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do
- You will provide business insight, pricing and product knowledge, as well as analytical support to Sales, including customer interaction, for large, complex, non-standard transactions.
- You will cultivate and sustain strong working relationships with pivotal business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to help facilitate the review and approval process.
- You will accurately process orders using the company’s internal CRM system.
- You will work with cross-functional teams (e.g., Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) focusing on complex pricing/commercial terms and provide options to provide the means to Sales to address and surmount customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- You will build and review a variety of order forms with differing levels of complexity for accuracy, while ensuring all required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented as well as being fully compliant with New Relic’s internal policies.
- You will deliver ongoing education and training to ensure Sales’ understanding of and compliance with non-standard deal processes.
- You will identify potential training issues and harmonize with Sales Enablement to develop & communicate said issues to all necessary business functions.
- You will safeguard and manage data quality in SFDC for all proposed and closed quotes/deals. This includes but is not limited to customer entitlements, new deal logos, commission levels and deal amounts, ensuring that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines.
- You will plan and coordinate all necessary training documents and presentations for new sales hires.
- 3+ years experience (in a high-tech environment, in a Finance/Operations role).
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units and across regions.
- Ability to work without supervision in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and MS Excel is highly recommended.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or a similar discipline preferred.
- Experience with Zuora and SalesForce CPQ preferred.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Sydney Relics work in the Central Business District surrounded by some of the best and brightest companies, with easy access to public transportation and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.