Financial Analyst, G&A
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team based in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will act as the primary business partner between our Finance and G&A teams. You will support the company’s quarterly and annual budgeting processes and monthly rolling forecast. It's a unique opportunity to learn all facets of one part of the organization (G&A) before branching out to work with larger FP&A teams that support R&D and S&M.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with key leaders across New Relic's G&A function (including People Operations, Accounting, Legal, Finance, IT, and Business Operations) to manage their budgets and support their strategic projects
- Prepare all facets of month end close processes related to OpEx, CapEx, and headcount, including data accuracy, variance analysis, and forecasting for all G&A groups
- Support the reporting and benchmarking of key corporate operational metrics and communicate risks
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual G&A OpEx and CapEx budgets for all personnel and non-personnel spend
- Collaborate with Recruiting to ensure key leaders' hiring plans are captured and the teams maintain fiscal responsibility throughout the hiring process
- Proactively find opportunities for financial operational improvements
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
- 2+ years of experience in financial analytics, public accounting or equivalent industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Demonstrated skills in financial analysis, data flow analysis and understanding of GAAP
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude who is comfortable asking questions and enjoys problem-solving
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in an unstructured environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision, with strong organizational skills
- Level dependent upon experience and skillset
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.