Senior Technical Marketing Editor
New Relic is looking for an experienced writer and editor to help us create content that advances our technology leadership. If you have a consistent track record in the creation of technical content and you’re looking for roles that will allow you to take ownership over your work with a company that’s on the move, this could be the perfect fit for you!
You’ll be responsible for drafting and editing content that showcases New Relic’s deep product and technology expertise. Embedded in our Portland office (aka our Intergalactic Engineering Headquarters), you’ll deliver premium, original, and thought-provoking content on a consistent, ongoing basis. By working closely with our product leaders, engineers and technical evangelists, this person will publish technical, “how-to” and "behind-the-scenes" content on the blog and other platforms. Sound like your ideal job? Keep reading!
What You'll Do
- Write and edit content; ensure we are publishing a steady stream of impactful, high-quality content.
- Pen both long and short form content including eBooks, white papers, blog posts, executive points of view and beyond.
- Work closely with our product leaders, engineers and technical evangelists to drive New Relic’s technology story. Educate and empower content creators throughout the company to author original content.
- Build and lead an editorial calendar of content that advances New Relic’s technology leadership.
- Work closely with members of Marketing and Engineering to help the company achieve broader goals and initiatives.
- Stay current on trends in the market for creating content that attracts maximum readership.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- 7+ years of experience in editorial positions, ideally in high technology, or B2B enterprise software market; SaaS/on-demand software experience highly desired.
- Passion for writing and really deeply understanding technical topics, which can be delivered in the form of engaging content for developers all the way to C-level executives.
- Deep understanding of modern enterprise technologies used by developers and IT operations practitioners to build amazing digital experiences for their customers.
- Passion for collaborating closely with technology-focused members of our team, helping to craft their voice.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- A positive and fun attitude, and ability to work collaboratively in our results-driven, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a technical field.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.