Senior Manager, User Experience- East Coast (Remote)
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Product Design to join the Experience Design team to help lead New Relic's world-class premier product experiences, including Applied Intelligence and Telemetry Data Platform. You'll work across multiple product teams to deliver innovative experiences that the world's best engineering teams rely upon.
As an inspiring people leader, you'll nurture and guide a distributed product design team, help craft the design vision and the strategic direction of New Relic One. As a senior member of the Experience Design team, you'll play a key role at a formative stage in the distributed team's next-level of growth, helping drive our vision. If you're a creative systems-thinker, a data nerd, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Deliver quality user experiences that improve usability and provide meaningful value to New Relic users
- Lead, oversee, and grow a team of impactful product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team—from pitching ideas to trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive excellence through collaboration with design and engineering directors, product managers, researchers and writers to identify business opportunities and user needs
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a well-rounded, end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards for design excellence supporting our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met
- Lead the Experience Design vision in partnership with the Design leadership team, broadly driving best-practices around collaboration, user-centricity and innovation
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, and design excellence
- 3+ years of leadership experience with direct people management
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Experience with test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- An excellent communicator in both written and spoken English
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or an equivalent field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.