Director, Demand Marketing
New Relic is looking for a creative, passionate, and customer-focused Director Demand Marketing to join our Marketing team. The Director Demand Marketing will be responsible for the strategy, planning, implementation and execution of integrated demand programs designed to drive global engagement and pipeline through multiple channels.
Candidates should possess a deep understanding of SaaS B2B marketing, with a strong background in customer acquisition, expansion, and retention techniques and the ability to apply these to campaign development and execution that results in pipeline and bookings. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets. This role requires strong relationship development skills across internal and external business partners and a passion for innovation, while maintaining focus on driving demand.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Demand Generation and works closely with individuals across the marketing teams and cross-functional teams in New Relic.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop the strategy, implement, and optimize comprehensive marketing initiatives and programs that create demand for New Relic solutions.
- Define the appropriate mix of campaign elements (including search, social, direct mail, email, webinars, content syndication, direct response online, etc) and calls to action to deliver pipeline goals.
- Work closely with Corporate, Product, and other marketing functions to identify and develop new offers, content and sales tools (print, web, multimedia, etc.) to support integrated demand campaigns.
- Collaborate with worldwide field marketing and other customer-facing teams for efficient and effective execution of integrated marketing campaigns worldwide. Provide the tools and enablement for the sales teams to follow up .
- Consistently iterate and improve marketing programs through measurement and optimization
- Run campaign budgets, timelines, resources, processes and technologies
- Track and report on strategic, operational and tactical metrics using data to lead resource allocation, outcomes and success. Consistently iterate and improve marketing programs through measurement and optimization
- Direct and on-site engagement with your team.
- 10 years experience managing demand generation and customer engagement programs for technology companies. Track record of successful results and creativity with program execution
- Strong knowledge of demand generation channels and vendors for best-performing outcomes.
- Thorough understanding of the demand waterfall, and how to set and measure frequent performance against goal attainment at each stage of the waterfall.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player; someone who takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Marketo, Engagio, Terminus, and other marketing technologies
- Proven track record of partnering with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills
- Ability to manage remote employees and travel occasionally
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.