Senior Manager, Corporate Development (Remote)
The Corporate Development team plays a significant role in defining New Relic’s strategy and accelerating its growth. We strive to inform the company’s strategy by helping our executive team “see around corners” and we accelerate growth by identifying and pursuing strategic M&A and investment opportunities.
If you are intellectually curious, love to take on challenging problems, and are excited about leading M&A transactions from conception to closing and integration, then this role is for you! As a Sr. Manager of Corporate Development, you will lead efforts to identify, explore, and enter attractive adjacencies that can accelerate our growth and cement our market leadership position.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings, and formulate impactful recommendations
- Identify new innovations, technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential acquisitions and investments
- Build forecasts for our served markets and adjacent unserved markets
- Lead the creation of acquisition business cases (strategic rationale, value drivers, financial impact, valuation, integration approach, etc)
- Assist with transaction structuring and negotiation
- Lead M&A due diligence, coordinating the work of a large cross-functional deal team
- Drive ad-hoc strategic projects involving qualitative and quantitative analyses aimed at answering key strategic questions
- B.S./B.A. and 5+ years of experience in corporate development and/or investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, and private equity
- Proficiency in performing financial, valuation and other quantitative analyses
- Outstanding analytical skills and business intuition combined with intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Engineering degree and/or software development experience
- Product Management experience at an enterprise software company
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.