Principal Security Architect (Remote)
New Relic is searching for a Principal Security Architect. This role will report to the CISO and frequently interact with security leadership, Product Engineering, IT infrastructure, application security development, security operations, security audit, compliance and end users.
You'll lead the design and development of cloud security architectures for applications and systems deployed across multiple cloud service providers, including AWS, Azure, and GCP. You'll provide cloud security architectural leadership, contributing directly to the overall global security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications for our clients across all types of platforms, including Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary engineering teams to build & deploy secure applications and security infrastructure.
- Function as a deeply technical security architecture and design resource that earns the trust of engineering partners and executives.
- Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help New Relic engineers deliver secure solutions.
- Innovate on behalf of customers.
New Relic is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, tenures, and prior experience, and we’re building an environment that celebrates collaboration, and mentorship. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success, which is why we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.Must-have:
- 10+ years of experience with technical architecture, cybersecurity, and information technology
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes application security, data security, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security in IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- Experience with container orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
- Experience in working with cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies
- BA or BS degree or 12+ years of experience with the design and development of cloud security architectures
Our team focuses on diversity of all types and strive to hire people with different experiences and perspectives into our team. To that end, we know that no candidate has every desired skill and experience, but it is all of us together which make the team strong.
- Knowledge of modern authentication protocols, cybersecurity, and all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Knowledge of business process reengineering principles and processes
- Knowledge of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, or client and server systems
- Ability to provide oversight on major transformation projects and successful transitions to support teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.