Senior Product Manager - Data Management
At New Relic, our mission is to instrument, measure, and improve the internet to help our customers create more perfect software, experiences, and businesses. We love creating tools that uncover how applications are performing across languages, cloud providers, and frameworks. Our software helps customers answer their most important questions by empowering them to visualize, explore, and reason about how their applications work.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our fast growing Account Experience Platform team and help us solve key data management challenges. You'll work with our team, which uses our expertise in pricing, subscription usage, identity and access management, and full stack engineering to make it easier for customer to buy and use New Relic products. We also enable our internal partners in finance, sales, and support.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? You have proven business insight, think critically, and know how to develop data management strategies based on a deep understanding of customers, competition, and technology trends. You lead effectively by influencing across multiple teams and functions to guide complex projects to completion. You're a lifelong learner looking to build your product management skills in a dynamic environment. Most of all, you're excited to work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering to help build amazing products.
This position will sit in our Portland or San Francisco office.
What You’ll Do
- Think creatively to make recommendations that help the business scale and develop solutions to address emerging issues for internal and external partners
- Understand and anticipate the impact of market, customer, technology, and competitive trends to provide thought leadership and drive execution on broad monetization initiatives in partnership with the Product Management and Deal Strategy & Monetization teams
- Build strong relationships and drive teamwork across all data owners/providers and with key data partners to ensure product vision is delivered
- Partner with UX and regularly meet with our customers to help with customer research, pilots, and business impact analysis
- Set team KPIs and track against them, ready to facilitate executive and customer-facing conversations around key insights, recommendations, and decisions
- Clearly scope, track, execute and communicate on projects in an engineering- and data-focused environment
- Reduce thrash for the team from outside partners and the business so they can stay focused and deliver rapid incremental value
- Use a strong entrepreneurial bent and focus on execution work alongside your team to get your products out-the-door
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Solid understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS business models including subscription and consumption models and technologies, such as AWS Fargate / Lambda, Kubernetes, or Service Mesh
- Experience in defining, executing, and bringing new cloud technology solutions to market
- Aptitude for applying structure to ambiguity and driving toward measurable outcomes and results
- Experience with delivering technology products and services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Experience defining strategy, executing against a plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with partners
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently, with experience and insight into building and utilizing relationships to achieve larger goals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, marketing, finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.