Full-Stack Software Engineer - Error Tracking (Remote)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The members of the Error Tracking engineering team design, develop, and operate New Relic’s Errors Inbox product, which sifts through approximately 2.5 million error messages per minute sent to us by tens of thousands of New Relic customers, coalescing similar errors into groups so that customers can focus and collaborate on the errors that impact their customers the most. Since we launched it's been our fastest growing product, used by thousands of customers every day! If you're interested in working on very high throughput, customer-facing applications, this may be the position for you.
We have a globally distributed development organization with teams spanning a nine-hour swath of time zones, so we value the ability to communicate in written form, ranging from Slack to team notes. The Error Tracking team works remotely from their home offices, and we take work-life balance seriously, generally working 40-45 hours per week, on average. New Relic rewards efficiency.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience using modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Experience with relational data stores such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of full-stack software engineering principles
- Experience designing for and deploying applications to common cloud provider infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Collaborative and able to successfully navigate multi-functional teams within the organization
- In-depth Java development experience (e.g. knowledge of how the GC works, multi-threading, etc.)
- Experience building and operating highly-scalable distributed systems that are fault-tolerant
- Experience with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka
- Experience developing GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Selenium or other test automation tools
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code tooling
- Experience with AWS EKS, SQS, S3, Redis, ElasticSearch, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Git source control and GitHub Enterprise
- Familiarity with Kanban agile methodology
- Experience on a customer-facing software product team
USA-based employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base pay
- Quarterly bonuses
- New-hire and performance-based equity awards
- 401k with match (75%, up to $5,000)
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with FSA and HSA options
- Company-paid employee short & long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid employee life insurance
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.