Director, HR Business Partner
We are looking for a Director, HR Business Partner to support our Chief Customer Officer and associated client groups. The right candidate is passionate about HR and eager to make an impact as part of a fun, innovative, hardworking, and well-respected HRBP team.
This Human Resource Business Partner will be someone with broad experience in HR and a passion for supporting teams to achieve exceptional business results. We want a dynamic, hands-on senior HR professional who will partner closely with their peers and internal partners to drive effective HR programs in their respective client groups. We need someone with a bias for action who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who will add to our inclusive and connected environment with strong core values.
You will be based in one of our offices - SF, Portland or Atlanta and report to the VP, Global Business Partner Group.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with other HRBPs to create global HR programs providing a unified ‘one New Relic’ experience across client teams
- Partner with the leaders of your client groups to create and implement an effective People strategy to address their organizational priorities
- Advise leaders and teams to improve team performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure proactive employee relations, coach managers and employees, and resolve issues
- Champion our overall Talent Management program, including Career and Leadership Development, Talent Review, and Performance Management
- Represent HR to your assigned client group, acting as the liaison to the rest of the HR function
- Work with partner groups to update and apply policies and procedures consistently across the business.
- Understands and improves organizational effectiveness: you will diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance
- Anticipates a need for change, and acts, conducting organizational planning to identify next-generation leaders
- Demonstrated experience working directly with senior leadership, including 8+ years as an HRBP or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture in a global organization, ideally in a tech environment
- Collaborative, driven, proactive, and self-reliant.
- Demonstrated agility in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships globally
- Experience navigating conflicting priorities and partners
- Strong business insight, including problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Understands strategic organizational issues and has the ability to affect the people agenda
- Capable and confident communicator with strong personal presence
- Exceptional advising and coaching skills
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.