Financial Systems Engineer
New Relic is looking for a Financial Systems Engineer to help our Business Applications team scale our financial software stack! The role will be centered around building and maintaining custom tools, scripts, and process flows in a variety of SaaS platforms, ranging from ERPs and billing systems to revenue recognition software and integration platforms.
An ideal candidate should have a proven track record working in financial systems for a public company, be familiar with relevant software languages, and follow SDLC standards. They will be hungry for knowledge and ready to implement the newest features and functionality across an enterprise architecture, but will pair with fellow engineers, QA, and BSA personnel to deliver stable work. They should enjoy crafting scalable solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
In addition to our Atlanta and Portland offices, we are open to remote candidates who have>1 year of success working remotely with a distributed team!
What You’ll Do
- Use a combination of SaaS technology and software engineering to support use cases in our financial and ancillary systems;
- Resolve problems end-to-end, from system design and development to operability and scalability;
- Implement new financial tools and systems as the need arises by the business;
- Deliver high quality and adaptable work in a rapid growth environment;
- Take initiative to improve our existing stack, ranging from bug fixes to feature development;
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team of PMs, Engineers, QA, BSAs, and partners to deliver robust solutions for our Finance, Product, and Go-To-Market teams.
- 3+ years in software engineering or financial systems roles;
- Background in SaaS billing platforms, including Zuora, Avalara, and Braintree;
- Expertise working with ERP platforms like Netsuite, Oracle, or SAP;
- Proper SLDC processes, including automated deployments with tools like Jenkins, backups with Git, and instrumented monitoring (with New Relic);
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP APIs;
- A deep understanding of financial use cases and business processes;
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and finding opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency;
- Results-oriented teammate who is proactive and not afraid to ask questions.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.