Director, Product Design
New Relic is looking for a Director of Product Design to lead a very talented group of designers in Barcelona. We will be looking to you to champion the impact of design on the entire lifecycle of product development, build a positive relationship with the Product organization leaders (General Managers, Product Management and Engineering) and drive the adoption of the required best principles to ensure alignment and coherence of the overall user experience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, manage and grow a high-performing group of product designers. With a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team.
- Drive New Relic’s user experience to be the best in the industry through evangelizing good design practices, principles, and processes, across the entire product lifecycle.
- Partner with product management and engineering leaders to ensure projects are well-defined, provide high business value, and are successfully executed.
- Work closely with General Managers and UX leaders to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products to support New Relics business objectives.
- Build strong communication and coordination channels with the rest of the New relic’s organization.
- Professional experience in customer-centric product design.
- Deep knowledge or understanding of building teams, leading people and projects through complex territory, with a successful track record.
- BA/BS or Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent.
- Shown success integrating research, design, technical development, and business strategy within an organization.
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent.
- Comfortable in fast growing organization.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business level proficiency in English is essential as we are a US-based company.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.