Lead Software Engineer - Java
Lead Software Engineer - Java
New Relic is looking for a talented and creative full-stack lead engineer to join our Account Experience (AX) team in downtown Portland. As part of this customer-focused platform team, you'll be helping to design the architecture, write the code, and, of course, monitor it all with New Relic.
This position is perfect for someone who loves to work with large amounts of data, working both in back-end services and front end display. It is particularly well suited for an experienced engineer who wants to share their experience, wouldn’t mind broadening their skill set to a wide range of technologies and has a soft spot for all things DevOps.
About our team:
- We’re a close-knit group of software engineers with a wide variety of backgrounds and experience levels who collaborate to solve hard problems. We take collaboration, leadership, career growth, inclusiveness, and team trust seriously.
- We spend most of our engineering time working in a “mob programming” setting, although we refer to it as “campfiring” as we like to think of it more as tending a continuously burning campfire. This allows team members of all abilities to fully participate in the team’s work, provides a high level of collaboration and shares knowledge equitably on the team.
- We use agile practices to ship software incrementally with frequent customer feedback. We take turns as “sprint lead” to ensure we meet our commitments and share the leadership and administration responsibilities.
- We work closely with product management, technical support, and our design team to make sure we’re building the right features to help our customers understand and manage their digital business.
- Everyone participates in a weekly on-call rotation, but the team is big enough that there are more off-weeks than on, and, when issues arise, we prioritize getting them fixed right away.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, monitor and scale high throughput microservices that consume and aggregate usage data from our customers
- Manage the customer accounts domain, with a particular focus on serving the needs of enterprise customers
- Create user-friendly interfaces for customers and internal stakeholders to view usage data and to manage customer account information
- Solve complex use cases that require close collaboration with product management, product design, and your tight-knit engineering team
- You are highly collaborative.
- You have strong working knowledge of streaming architecture. You are comfortable digging into technical details and being a key contributor on medium to large features from mockups to production.
- You are interested in dev-ops and not only like to build services, you are also invested in their operation by monitoring their performance, thinking about capacity planning and quickly addressing incidents when they arise. In fact, an SRE background or skill set would be a bonus, as well.
- You enjoy mentoring others and feel passionate about improving software through constant iteration.
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Any Ruby experience is an added bonus.
- Experience using Kafka and/or Apache Flink is an added bonus and will help you hit the ground running.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.