Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be a part of our SEC reporting team. As a Senior Analyst, you will play an integral role on the team by running the process from draft to submission with the SEC.
You will be successful in this role if you have a strong attention to detail and work effectively under time constraints. You also possess a solid understanding of GAAP and are comfortable adapting to changing environments, goals, and priorities. We appreciate your curiosity as you seek new ways to grow in knowledge and increase efficiencies.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting.
What You'll Do
- Preparation of external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's
- Consolidate financial results of subsidiaries for external reporting
- Ensure compliance with all U.S. GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Partner with both internal and external business partners, including auditors, to address and resolve accounting and reporting issues
- Maintain all equity-related files and paperwork, including grant agreements and exercises and perform regular audits of equity plan records
- Update Black-Scholes assumptions in system and provide reporting information on stock plans and details
- Respond to internal data and equity statement requests
- Perform ad-hoc projects and any technical accounting requests
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- SEC reporting experience in a public company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and Google Docs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently with minimal daily management
- Knowledge of accounting principles and SEC filing requirements, including ASC 718
- Understanding of financial reporting cycle, best practices and data flow among financial systems
- Experience with a compliance filing solution, such as Workiva
- CPA Certification
- Big 4 Accounting Experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.