PeopleOps Program Manager
PeopleOps Program Manager
San Francisco, California
New Relic is looking for a Project Manager to lead business-critical projects within Operations of our PeopleOps function. This is a hybrid Program Manager/Project Manager role--this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders to project manage programs and projects within Operations, as well as keeping an inventory of the portfolio catalog of all Operations projects, identifying resources, risks, and conducting executive readouts. You will be tasked with ensuring that the correct structure, processes, people, resources, support, and communication are in place to help us deliver on the company and team goals. As a Program Manager, you will have broad impact on the organization through the complex initiatives you lead. Successful program managers in our organization are collaborative, adaptable, analytical, and disciplined. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, People Operations.
You are an idea generator and executor. Collaborative team member, mentor and self-starter. Creative and analytically minded. Technically adept and excited to be part of a high growth tech company. A listener with high emotional intelligence who connects the dots and sees solutions. Passionate about making it easier for teams to do their best work.
You are business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple teams across the company toward achieving a common goal and using your expertise in managing projects to transform our business.
What You'll Do
- Successfully lead and manage program activities through the complete program life cycle from requirements and planning to implementation and measurement. This includes program definition, project scheduling, budgeting and forecasting, resource planning, contracting, risk and issue management, change management.
- Build program structure around large, cross-team initiatives to maximize alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
- Define, establish and maintain the metrics for the programs that you manage.
- Work with program teams to identify and manage our top risks with contingency and mitigation plans.
- Create working groups and forums needed for effective decision-making and information sharing.
- Use your judgment to apply the model and approach that fit best with the context of each project.
- Drive tradeoff decisions to align leadership on the right level of risk for each project.
- Establish the right amount of process to drive efficiency and consistency.
- Help teams identify and address their bottlenecks, blockers, and dependencies.
- Facilitate productive meetings and deliver status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, transparency, and calls to action for the projects you manage.
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed.
- 5+ years of project management experience and 3+ years HR program management experience
- Creative, innovative, confident, flexible and enthusiastic to assume responsibility and accountability.
- Solid track record of leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects
- Inclination to seek simplicity in finding solutions to complicated problems.
- Sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- Ability to work collaboratively, be diplomatic and influence stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, especially with regards to project management.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, ambiguous and unstructured environment
- Well-versed in program management fundamentals— team building, role / responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma certification
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.