Manager, Product Design (Open to Remote)
We're looking for a Product Design Manager to lead a hardworking and seasoned team of designers. You'll have the exciting opportunity to help build a culture that's empowering, collaborative, and pushing the boundaries of great design for our users.
You'll work at a product-wide platform level as part of the Global Product Experience team coordinating and managing a set of diverse teams. We are looking for a manager who helps us build design systems, data visualization solutions, and dashboard experiences that the world's best engineering teams rely upon.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of Product Designers. With a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team towards success.
- Help drive New Relic's Experience Design vision and evangelize good design practices, principles, processes, and patterns, throughout the entire product lifecycle to ensure a cohesive user experience and to achieve business goals.
- Partner with product management, engineering, language and research to ensure projects are well-defined, adequately resourced, and successfully executed towards impact.
- Build strong communication and coordination channels with the rest of the distributed Design organization
- Give constructive design feedback on design specifications, user flows, visual comps, and other assets
- Be intentional, purposeful, bold, authentic, and humble
- 6+ years of design experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products,
- 3+ years of design management, guiding people and projects through complicated territory, with consistently high-quality results
- BA/BS or Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven success integrating research, design, technical development, and business strategy within an organization
- Ability to scope, resource, and plan mid and short-term design projects.
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top design talent
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Ability to be self-managed: working with minimal requirements and oversight while balancing tradeoffs
- Experience with Design Systems
- Familiarity integrating users research and data insights into design processes to improve outcomes
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and associated platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working on data visualization projects
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.