Senior Manager, Go To Market IT Program Management - Remote
New Relic is looking for a Senior Manager of IT Program Management, Go To Market, as our IT team scale up to support the company's growth. The Manager will be leading and empowering the Business Applications team to deliver solutions for the continued success and growth of all of our Go To Market business partners.
You have demonstrated experience as a technical program manager, excited about the opportunity to be part of a high-performing team that is integral to project planning. You will bring to bear your passion for driving large, technical programs from end to end. You would be instrumental in bringing cross-functional teams together to accomplish program objectives. You thrive in a hands-on environment and seek ownership of large, critical projects. You will be someone who enjoys designing solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
In addition to our San Francisco office reopening in 2022, we are considering remote candidates in locations where New Relic can do business, working West Coast hours!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, GTM operations, Cx, Global Alliance team, etc. and play a pivotal role in the planning of programs to ensure the timely delivery of large and small initiatives.
- Manage and recruit a high-performing team including business analyst, Salesforce administrator, and program manager to execute projects and perform maintenance activities for Sales business applications.
- Demonstrate technical & program management skills to build comprehensive plans, identify risks, and ensure smooth releases.
- Actively help multi-functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
- Serve as the IT, Business Application Team's connective tissue for the end-to-end planning and development process.
- Maintain metrics that provide transparency to partners on program-level plans, progress, and quality.
- 7+ years of Go to Market systems delivery experience in a scaled agile environment, preferably for a large company responsible for leading enterprise-level programs with multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field.
- Proven proficiency in working with product, operations, and IT/engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd projects from inception to deployment.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models in the Salesforce and non-Salesforce ecosystem, as well as knowledge of modern program management methodologies.
- Experience with agile methodologies particularly SCRUM.
- Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Portfolio/Confluence).
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and find opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience implementing Salesforce CPQ and Partner Community in a SaaS company.
- Experience in implementing Zuora.
- Experience with CI/CD best practices/methodologies and CI/CD platforms implemented for Salesforce.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.