Manager, Data Engineering (Open to Remote)
We are seeking a Manager for our Data Engineering team. This role serves as a critical partner to our business, analytics and engineering teams to design, build and maintain our growing data warehousing and analytical reporting capabilities. This leader will architect and build usable data structures to facilitate reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators.
This leader will also build and grow this core function of our data team in support of our New Relic product vision collaborating across disciplines, you will identify new data sources; design and implement table structure, data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
Create the vision for Data and Data Warehousing team for product verticals and create a plan to achieve that vision
- Partner with cross functional teams including product management/data infra/customer teams to build shared goals
- Establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing team
- Build relationships with Data Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs
- Manage data warehouse plans and roadmap across New Relic product lines
- Guide the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage development of data team resources to support new product launches
- Ensure high levels of data quality across the product vertical and related business areas
- Manage the delivery of insightful dashboards and data visualizations
- Establish SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production
- Develop Data Quality checks for source and target data sets. Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve their designs and ETL processes
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience. 2+ years in direct people management capacity
- 5+ years work experience in building data warehousing environments. Strong background of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 5 + years experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Redshift.
- 2+ Years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
- 2+ years of experience with workflow management tools (i.e. Airflow)
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or analytical field e.g. economics, mathematics, or computer science
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data platform (or similar ecosystem)
- Project Management experience.
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- SnowPro certification.
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not support or sponsor O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future work authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.