Senior Product Manager - Application Data Collection
This position sits in our Portland, Oregon office, relocation may be available.
Are you passionate about developer happiness? Do you want to give New Relic customers unprecedented transparency into how their services are performing? Do you want to deeply understand and serve the needs of the Node.js and Python communities and ecosystem?
New Relic APM helps our customers to improve their applications and services by giving them deep insight into the health of their systems. We are looking for an experienced, customer-facing product manager to lead the strategy for the products that serve the Node.js and Python developer communities.
New Relic’s agent runs inside customers’ services, which means we have a continual focus on reliability, efficiency, and stability. At the same time, we strive to provide customers with complete control and customization of what and how they monitor in their services.
We seek product managers who have strong opinions, loosely held, and have a constant thirst to learn. On the Application Data Collection team, you will work closely with and learn from your peers that oversee other programming language communities.
You will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering and User Experience to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams. To connect well across these different functions and distributed teams, and to meet with customers, a few days of monthly travel will be expected.
What You’ll Do
- Define a product strategy for Node.js and Python developers informed by customer and market insights, competitive landscape, internal competences and assets, and company direction. Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to piece together the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast, longer-term outlook, and total addressable market. Define how to make New Relic’s offering complete, compelling, and extendable.
- Build and maintain a rolling 12-month roadmap of features, fixes, and improvements.
- Connect with customers and account teams around the world to learn more about the problems they are trying to solve, build good relationships, and inform product direction.
- Work with engineers and their manager to provide business context, clear guidance, and success criteria that will delight our customers.
- 4+ years as a product manager and 4+ years as an SRE, software developer, technical project manager, or other role involving technology.
- Customer-facing product management experience at a company delivering software products deployed on premises
- Key decision-maker for a product, with decisions based on cultivation of data from a variety of sources, both internal and external
- Communication of decisions that influence executive-level strategy
- Ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Document deployment options in a way that is easy to understand and flexible to customers' needs
- Ability to move easily between the longer-term goals and the day-to-day engagement (with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, etc.) necessary to keep teams focused on what has the greatest impact right now
- Sharing and coordination with other product managers in the organization to collaborate and build on ideas and knowledge
- Experience as an SRE, or software developer or in technical operations
- Product management certification
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.