Manager, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineering
New Relic’s Solution Engineer organization champions our strategic direction and vision, as well as promoting and advocating new product direction on behalf of our customers.
We are now looking to grow the organization by adding a trailblazer to direct and guide this incredible team. You will define & improve the processes used by the team to continue our success through a period of exponential growth, mentoring your team to reach even greater heights. You have experience of building and developing technical teams and has worked extensively in the pre-sales technical space. You also exemplify a mix of business savvy, technical prowess and a hands-on leader.
What You’ll Do
- Drive customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service
- Develop and mentor Commercial Sales Engineers to ensure that customers are blown away by the quality of our account team
- Improve the scalability & efficiency of our technical integration and account management process
- Communicate enthusiastically with customers and internally within your team, handling risks and issues escalating upwards as needed
- Solve tricky integration and product questions/issues and coordinate resolutions, including technical troubleshooting of customer issues
- Partner with Sales and customer service to identify revenue prospects and opportunities to increase our high value service impact
- 5+ years of technical pre sales experience with at least 3+ years experience of people management
- Strong track record of working in a customer-facing environment and driving initiatives to improve customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Specific experience in Application Performance Management (APM) concepts
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages – Java, .Net, Ruby, C/C++, Python, Node.js, PHP, React Native
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with logging solutions (Splunk, Sumo, Elastic, etc.)
- Clear understanding of network & system management solutions
- Background in mobile device platforms & architectures (IOS & Android)
- Firm understanding of OO concepts, agile and DevOps
- Excellent communication, critical thinking & analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Are you ready to be part of this outstanding story? To make a personal impact on a company that is changing the way the world uses software? If so, the link to apply now is given below.
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.