Data Analyst/Scientist (Remote)
The purpose of the Growth Analytics Team is to uncover deep insight into our customer and user engagement across our product portfolio, and delivering substantial, relevant, and measurable intelligence to the growth leadership team. Our team's goal is maturing the analytic capabilities of our Product organization, and realizing what is possible with the incredible amount of business, user, and customer data New Relic generates.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst/Scientist that is intellectually curious, thorough in their attention to detail, and driven to realize the full potential of product analytics. You will partner with the product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to provide significant insights and impactful recommendations. You are technically adept with a good eye for business, and a passion for making an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions.
- Your goal is to increase our analytics capabilities and deliver insights to the business derived from the models and insights you generate
- You are inventive, independent and passionate about having a huge impact on a new team.
- You strike a balance between technical literacy and business savvy.
- You love telling stories with data and care greatly for the truths that high-fidelity data reveal about our customers and products.
What You'll Do
- Partner with business owners across the company (product, marketing, finance, sales, engineering, etc.) to extract and analyze data from large data tables using SQL, Python, or R to translate findings into actions.
- Routinely write efficient, legible, commented, and reproducible code.
- Architect scalable data models consisting of business-user-friendly data marts from online and offline data sources.
- Work closely with data engineers in order to automate the collection and analysis of the raw data required for the models you build.
- Clearly, scope, track, execute and communicate on projects (ticketing system experience is a plus) in an agile environment.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and track key program performance indicators, and ensure the results contribute to the overall company, product, customer, and Quarterly goals
- Perform analysis of data and trends to proactively deliver insights about operational performance, and drive improvements
- Perform root cause analyses on key problem areas
- Effectively plan and work with cross-functional engineering teams and business partners on data-driven projects
- Investigate and analyze new data sources to discover business value hidden in our data.
- Identify and assess risks & opportunities
- 3+ years of experience in data, analytics, or similar domains
- 2+ years using SQL/Python or other querying languages
- 2+ years of experience in managing large cross-functional projects
- Knowledgeable of relational data models and statistical principles
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology, and architecture
- Structured analytical approach to problem-solving
- An extraordinary degree of intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable in a loosely structured and ambiguous problem-solving environment
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, creative, and nimble problem solver with a desire to deliver business impact. The ability to prioritize and set direction in a dynamic environment is a requirement
- Knowledge of Growth metrics and use of SaaS Pirate metrics, calculations, and definitions
- Understanding of how to use statistical and machine learning packages
- Experience using any of the following tools - Snowflake, Salesforce, Tableau, Periscope Data, Looker, Mode Analytics, JIRA (tickets), Airflow (Data ETL), Amplitude, Heap, Optimizely, Marketo, Intercom, Drift
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.