Senior Product Marketing Manager
Are you interested in helping shape the way developers build, monitor, and optimize modern applications? Do you want to work with the newest technologies and frameworks used by fast-growing startups and large-scale enterprise engineering teams?
Over the past year, we’ve made major changes to New Relic in terms of the licensing, capabilities, and pricing to ensure that every engineer in the world has access to the best observability tooling—regardless of where they work.
With this in mind, we’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our growing product marketing team to help level up observability practices across the global developer community so that engineers can spend less time debugging and more time building the next generation of applications.
This person should love diving deep within developer ecosystems and partner integrations to build out messaging, content strategies, and campaigns that connect with the community of builders creating apps on modern, distributed architecture. This role will be responsible for increased awareness and adoption of New Relic One within development communities and ecosystems, including language/frameworks, partner integrations, cloud vendors, and more.
Whether you’re an existing marketer focused on developer audiences or a developer or solution consultant looking to break into the marketing space, we’d love to talk with you.
What You’ll Do
- Develop product positioning, messaging, and content strategies informed by user and community research, market insights, and product understanding for developer-specific use cases.
- Work with existing technical marketers, developer relations, product management, and engineers to create compelling and creative developer content across numerous first- and third-party channels.
- Develop and execute strategy to increase awareness of New Relic in relevant developer communities, including working with ecosystem partners to attract new audiences.
- Work with Nerdlog product launch team to amplify and increase adoption for new features with relevant developer audiences.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Developer Relations, and Event Marketing to conceptualize and drive presence at developer events, including Meetups, CNCF events, ServerlessDays, and more.
- Partner with Product to improve the in-app experience for developer audiences.
- Partner with other Product Marketing team members on how to amplify developer adoption for their products and campaigns.
- 3+ years of marketing expertise in monitoring, cloud services, or other dev tooling solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer/Data Science, or a related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience conceptualizing and executing marketing campaigns for developer communities.
- Creative storyteller with excellent writing skills, preferably for technical audiences.
- Excitement to build connections with developers, partners, and organizations to help drive adoption of New Relic.
- Rock-solid organizational and communication skills to work across multiple teams to deliver results.
- Experience coordinating work across different functions and roles.
- An ability to work within highly iterative or agile environments.
- Experience working with partners to drive co-marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of application/system monitoring, application development, and/or testing and observability concepts.
- Basic hands-on experience with at least one programming language/framework (Node, Python, and/or Java preferred) a plus.
- Experience using data to make decisions and familiarity with analytics/reporting environments.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.