Senior Software Engineer - Data
The mission of the Growth Data team is to build the tools and infrastructure that increase revenue, reduce churn, and improve customer happiness. Our team is tasked with building a data platform on top of the incredible amount of business, usage, and customer data that New Relic possesses as well as delivering valuable insights utilizing that platform to the teams that need it.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a talented and hard working software engineer with a passion for data to join us in building a scalable, easy-to-use data platform targeted at various technical folks within New Relic. We also build data apps atop this platform when needed.
You will contribute to the vision for data infrastructure and analysis tools and work with your fellow engineers and data analysts to establish standard methodologies for creating systems and datasets that the entire company will use. You should possess deep technical skills, be comfortable working in and contributing to our data infrastructure, and be excited about building a strong data foundation for the company. We are seeking someone who is excited about having a big impact at New Relic and is passionate about heavily impacting revenue and customer experience.
To expedite your application process, please include a short cover letter telling us why you’re interested in this position and why you think you’d be an excellent fit.
- Data quality monitoring system built on top of our data pipelines.
- Distributed data pipelines for moving data from a variety of source data stores into a centralized warehouse.
- Machine learning infrastructure to empower our data scientists to more easily gain access to a consistent view of our data.
- Schema management tooling for all of our engineering teams.
- Knowledge discovery tool to help our co-workers find out where and how to ask questions that can be answered by our data.
- 4+ years of professional, industry experience as a software engineer
- Expert in a programming language such as Python or Scala, and their respective standard data processing libraries
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL (we use Redshift as our warehouse)
- Experience working with data lakes and data processing systems that operate across a large organization and that make use of technologies such as Spark, Hive, or Presto.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering standard methodologies
- Have strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. You can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases.
- Delight in building amazing tools that are a joy to use.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.