Program Manager, Project Management Systems - REMOTE Okay!
Do you love helping teams be the best they can be? Have you ever wanted to implement tools and processes to improve business outcomes? How about diving into data, recognizing potential opportunities, and implementing new systems? What about coordinating execution across partners and engineering teams? If so, New Relic has a role for you!
Our Business Applications Team is looking for a Program Manager for our Project Management Systems! The ideal candidate is a mixture of systems analyst, business process specialist, and project manager who enjoys working with various partners. Initially focused on JIRA, the role will expand to engage with other project management tools like Aha and Asana. As a cross-departmental role, you’ll be engaging in gathering requirements and process mapping from departments ranging from Product and Engineering to PeopleOps and Finance, with the opportunity to implement new solutions and systems to help New Relic scale. We are looking for someone who can reflect New Relic's core values in this work: being bold, passionate, connected, authentic, and accountable.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to add to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? Spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
In addition to our beautiful Portland or San Francisco offices, reopening in 2022, we are considering remote candidates in locations where New Relic can do business, working West Coast hours.
What You’ll Do
- Comprehensive requirements gathering and documentation through user stories and technical specifications documents.
- Actively help multi-functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
- Use expertise to challenge the current business process, assumptions, and systems design when appropriate to drives team towards scalable solutions.
- Manage the project lifecycle of small to large SaaS implementation projects including RFPs, system and implementation partner selection, requirements gathering, project planning and management, risk management, communications, and partner management.
- Coordinate and drive collaboration the implementation of multi-team and cross-departmental projects.
- Form positive relationships with operational partners to ensure delivered systems meet their needs.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated ability leading successful implementations or significant enhancements of SaaS systems;
- Experience with project/program management toolsets (JIRA/Aha/Portfolio/Confluence);
- Bachelor's degree or professional certifications in Business, Data, or Technology related fields or relevant work experience;
- Proven Project and Development best practices such as; Project Plans, Executive Reporting, Agile Methodology, SDLC planning and Process Diagramming;
- Functional experience with data warehouses and SQL;
- A drive to champion continuous improvement and find opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency;
- Consistent track record of delivering complex projects from system selection to implementation, including management of 3rd party implementation partners and integrations to timeline and budget;
- Demonstrated skills delivering multi-team, cross-team work with a combination of SaaS and custom solutions;
- Excellent communications skills for both business and technical audiences.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.