Sr Technical Product Manager
At New Relic, we believe building an amazing developer experience is rooted in a deep understanding of modern software operators and developers who are building the world’s most amazing applications. As a Senior Technical Product Manager of the Developer Toolkit, you will lead a team chartered to provide developers with a set of tools and utilities, e.g. SDKs & CLIs, that make it easy for New Relic to be embedded into automation workflows, integrated with source code management tools, work with CI/CD pipelines, and other applications commonly used by skilled software teams. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good balance of technical skills, keen product sense, and an understanding of how teams deliver and monitor software.
As part of the Developer Ecosystem team, you won’t just be building a product, you will be building a community. You’ll need to be comfortable leading an open source project and will work visibly publishing and reviewing your roadmap, feature requests, along with any bugs.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team in open forums, to peers within New Relic, and with senior executives. And, you’ll need proven customer skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers’ feature requests in order to identify the most important problems we could solve for.
As the product manager, you will own the strategy, define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the standard methodologies that enable a quality product. This is a dynamic role for someone who is a strategic problem solver who can turn planning into great product experiences, can lead in open source, and isn’t afraid to jump in and roll up their sleeves.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Product strategy: Drive the product strategy for New Relic’s developer platform capabilities, including the NR1 Catalog, in-product developer experience, and developer.newrelic.com. Make informed, data driven decisions through customer and market insights, product and business critical metrics, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives; build the product story by understanding the landscape, developer needs, and New Relic principles
- Planning: In collaboration with Engineering, define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources. Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, Marketing, and Sales counterparts.
- Partake in Internal leadership: Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm; Consider the business impact, return on investment, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Customer & Technology Partner interactions: Engaging with key technology partners on integration; Optimize developer experience including on-boarding, documentation, tools, and support.
- Metrics and research: Conduct user research, integrate usability studies and market analysis into product requirements to enhance developer satisfaction; Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Positioning: Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, marketing)
- Product Specialist: Advise development teams at New Relic about API design impacts; Represent New Relic as a product and domain guide in front of Industry Analysts, customers, industry events/conferences, and other events; Lead sales engineer and support education sessions
- Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools, including monitoring tools, build tools, and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Solid understanding of DevOps with an understanding how modern software is built, packaged, and deployed
- 5+ years of software product management experience.
- 3 years of demonstrated ability developing software and working with application lifecycle management tools, and popular product management frameworks and tools
- 8+ years experience leading cross-functional software projects
- Solid understanding of content management systems and designing web experiences for scale.
- Ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, working closely with partners from across the entire organization and with developers
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on ambitious timelines
- Capability to identify technical impacts, recommend best-practices and/or alternate approaches, and provide timeline estimates
- An ability to articulate development status and challenges to both technical and non- technical audiences
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience in working with open source projects is preferred.
- Strong decision-making, project management, and organizational skills
- Prior experience building developer platforms.
- Experience working with or building GraphQL schemas is preferred.
- Significant experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- BA/BS in business, computer science, computer engineering or a related technical field preferred
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building an inclusive culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.