Manager, Software Engineering - Container Fabric
Software Engineering Manager - Container Fabric
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager for our Container Fabric team. The Container Fabric team is creating New Relic’s internal container-orchestration platform using technologies like Kubernetes, CoreOS, Docker and AWS and we’re looking for someone to lead this team on this journey. You should have an interest in infrastructure, cloud platform technologies, and platforms, though it's not necessary to be an expert.
Leading the Container Fabric Team means working with a group of supportive, talented, and friendly people to ready to deliver a great platform experience, implement highly reliable systems, automate eagerly, and make other development teams’ jobs easier here at New Relic.
What You'll Do
- Your responsibilities will include the career progression of your direct reports by providing feedback and identifying new opportunities to help them grow
- You’ll own the processes and practices that keep your team executing smoothly and , while encouraging team effort
- Guide the team to deliver a platform to support our migration to the cloud in addition to reducing friction for our operations in our data center
- You’ll coordinate major operational changes with your internal customers as we transition to Kubernetes, the cloud and a cellular architecture.
- 3+ years experience of team leadership (Engineering Manager, Tech Lead, Architect)
- 8+ years experience in Software Engineering (Including applicable academic experience)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Have successfully managed people, including hiring, coaching, reviews and career development
- Involvement in transformational initiatives that involve new technologies and possibilities
- Ability to coordinate and work with teams and stakeholders across the organization
- Experience/exposure to Kubernetes and/or cloud providers
- Have worked with remote team members
- 2 years experience as an Individual Contributor on a DevOps team.
- Experience in migration from Data Center to Cloud
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. [Background Check Statement — Remove for NYC, Barcelona, Tel Aviv] Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.