Undergrad Software Sales Intern (Summer 2022)
Are you looking for a summer internship at a fast-paced, leading-edge, tech company? Are you passionate about finding an opportunity where you can be curious, creative, and build your experience?
As an Intern on New Relic’s Sales team for a full-time paid internship opportunity beginning approximately May or June of 2022.
If you are interested in improving your sales skills and experiencing first-hand what it is like to be in tech sales, this is the internship for you!
What You’ll Do
- Articulate the New Relic business value proposition to decision-makers to assess business needs and objectives
- Research accounts, identify key initiatives and players, provoking and generating interest
- Prospect, qualify and develop a robust sales pipeline to achieve your quarterly objectives
- Update contact interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program from an accredited university
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship
- Passionate about starting a career in sales
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Value exceptional customer service
- Excel in both intrinsic motivation, goal setting and collaborative teamwork
- Degree focus in Sales, Communication, Marketing, or a related field is preferred
- Analytics experience or familiarity with Application Performance Management (APM) is a plus
- Prior sales experience is also a bonus, but not required
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet. During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career! You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.