Senior Software Staff Engineer/Architect
We are looking for a Senior Staff Engineer to join our augmented incident response engineering organization. Our mission is to optimize the observation, investigation, and resolution of production incidents and to continuously produce insights and improvement for the monitoring of complex production systems.
This role will be to work alongside our engineering teams and provide focused support with design & development for complex tasks, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps, promote sound engineering practices, and regularly assess the technical state across the teams. You will help ensure that our solutions are scalable and sustainable. You are expected to mentor other engineers and support them in their career growth.
What You’ll Do
- Be a strong engineering voice alongside other leaders through advising and driving our technical vision and strategy.
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and release of complex cross-team technical initiatives.
- Support engineering leaders in defining and driving software craftsmanship and sustainable development processes.
- Advocate learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, raising the standard of our engineering practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Review code to ensure it is efficient, well-tested, documented, and meets a high standard.
- Work across organizational boundaries and build effective relationships to tackle sophisticated technical problems.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles, with a strong background in data infrastructure.
- Experience in a JVM-based language (Java, Scala or Kotlin).
- Experience working on large scale, distributed infrastructure systems and Stream processing (preferably Kafka).
- Experience working with cloud environments (preferably AWS).
- Experience working in an agile environment characterized by rapid change.
- Past roles in a corporate setup with a modern development process that includes full-stack autonomous teams and a constant discussion between engineering, product, and design.
- You are an advocate of TDD, and strive for maximal test coverage.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience developing web applications using React and Redux.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Monthly meals fund (10bis).
- Retirement fund and Keren Hishtalmut.
- Professional Development classes
- Office located in the center of Tel Aviv, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.