Technical Support Engineer
As a New Relic Support Engineer, you know more about our products than any other function and you feel a sense of pride and satisfaction helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, so we can provide world-class assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge, and customer empathy — your learning opportunities will never end!
This person will collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and relentlessly solve customer problems while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and imagination to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
The work schedule for this opening is Monday - Friday from 11am - 8pm PT.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate across teams to solve complex technical customer problems across the product suite.
- Work closely with our software engineering teams to resolve escalated customer issues.
- Support New Relic customers by solving various installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- Be a supporter for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs that could improve the customer experience of the platform.
- Advance your skill set through additional training and exposure to the platform features.
- 1-2 years experience handling support issues in a customer-facing role, or relevant experience
- Is familiar with web development, principles of software development, API calls, and writing SQL statements
- Can demonstrate expert troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy -- even with customers who are having a bad day
- Collaborates easily across teams or disciplines to solve problems
- Can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- Experience working in a NOC and/or QA environment
- Experience using GraphQL
- Experience as a Technical Support Engineer in Enterprise or SaaS companies
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certifications
- Experience in programming or supporting customers in any of the following computer languages: Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, Node, GO.
- Experience with New Relic products
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.