Technical Support Engineer DevOps (Remote based in Ireland)
As a New Relic Support Engineer, you know more about our products than any other function, and you feel a sense of pride and happiness helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, so we can provide extraordinary assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge, collaboration, and customer empathy — your learning opportunities are vast!
You will collaborate with fellow Support Engineers to creatively and passionately tackle customer problems while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and inventiveness to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates intersectional diversity.
Our offices are based in central Dublin however we are open to flexible and remote working (Currently fully remote!)
What You’ll Do
- Support New Relic customers by solving complex installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- Work with and learn from an energetic, highly engaged, encouraging, and collaborative team.
- Advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs to improve the customer experience.
- Increase your skillset through additional training and exposure to other emerging technologies featured in our product suite.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and Knowledge Centered Support (KCS).
- Experience delighting customers in a support role.
- Experience with Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments (services, permissions, and file manipulation).
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting systems and network issues.
- Experience building, maintaining, and/or monitoring servers in an enterprise environment.
- Can demonstrate authoritative troubleshooting skills and can get creative when the answer is not obvious.
- You exhibit a high level of empathy—even with customers who are having a bad day.
- You have worked in a DevOps environment or Software Engineering role.
- You have experience as a Technical Support Engineer in Enterprise or SaaS companies.
- Exposure to other IaaS platforms such as Azure, GCP, etc.
- You are AWS, GCP, or Azure Cloud Certified.
- Experience in Network and/or System Administration.
- Understands the concept and use of automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or an equivalent.
- Experience working with observability tools.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
This position is in our Dublin office, in a vibrant tech community and a city with a great quality of life. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, and great benefits.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.