Senior Manager, Engineering
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by openly instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
Are you a software engineering manager with a passion for supporting engineers and fostering their career growth? We are hiring an engineering manager for a high profile multidisciplinary team who handle New Relic's product and platform.
The most successful managers here act with drive and urgency, yet always take the time to listen and to do the right thing. They constantly seek new ways to explain, coach, teach, and bring out the best in others.
Your customers will be engineers who are using those services to deliver new features and products and, of course, the New Relic user base. These teams are right in the thick of some of our biggest challenges, so strong communication, organization, and an ability to learn quickly will serve you well here.
What You'll Do
- Daily management of an engineering team.
- Attracting, growing, and retaining engineering talent.
- Collaboration with Product Management personnel to define and deliver team goals and objectives.
- Acting as the point of critical issue for your team for clearing roadblocks as they arise.
- Communicating across the organization regarding the goals, progress, and status of your team.
- Representing the team’s queue of work and making sure that new development is consistent with activities that will ensure that the team is accountable for are reliable and maintainable.
- You have SaaS experience.
- You have strong project management experience.
- You love operations, DevOps, monitoring, data, and excellent product experiences.
- You have experience in handling interrupt-driven work (lots of requests from various customers).
- You have experience leading high performing self-directed teams.
- You speak fluently in English.
The best person for the job won't necessarily be the one with the most technical chops but will be the person who can coach engineers and collaborates with multiple teams to ship outstanding software. We look forward to talking with you!
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.