Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position and the position must be located onsite in our Portland offices.
At New Relic, we pride ourselves on building rich experiences that bring confidence and clarity to our users. Our team, Support Systems, delivers awesome customer experiences for users who are seeking support and services, and the internal teams that provide those services. We are looking for an experienced engineer who is excited to create intuitive self-service experiences through automation and design, while working in an engaging, collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Engage in challenging problems as a member of a highly collaborative and supportive team that discovers and builds solutions together.
- Solve use cases that require close collaboration with product management and other engineering teams
- Participate in an on-call rotation and bake reliability, scalability, and simplicity into everything you do to ensure a healthy work life balance
- Prototype and drive new feature development and partner with internal users and engineering teams
- Work collaboratively on a small team of engineers collectively accountable for the reliability and security of the team’s software. We sit together as a team, and have on the spot discussions as a team as-needed.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of modern build tooling
- Demonstrated commitment to code quality including experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience building services or applications where performance is an important consideration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Experience mentoring and coaching early career engineers
- Initiative to drive and amplify cross-team solutions
- Experience with containers
- Experience in Python, Ruby, Go, or Java
- Experience working in React and GraphQL
- Experience using relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with Zendesk or CRMs
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.