Manager, Software Engineering
Are you an experienced leader with a passion for people, projects, and process? If so, leading a software engineering team at New Relic may be just the role for you.
At New Relic, we love making software that improves the lives of people who make software. Our products help customers answer their most meaningful questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and understand their ops, application, and customer data.
Our Software Engineering Managers are a select group of leader-coaches who shape the solutions we bring to market and foster an inclusive environment where everyone will thrive. You’ll lead a team of engineers, execute software development projects, and iterate on team processes. You’ll be successful because you seek ways to bring out the best in your team while developing software that delights our customers.
We’re a new team building a brand new product that combines massive volumes of data with powerful, intuitive user interfaces. Are you excited about the chance to build new software starting from the early stages? Ship it to thousands of customers? We’re doing that here at New Relic, and looking for someone who can lead the development of our user-facing features. We work iteratively, and enjoy significant autonomy, while benefiting from the support and resources of New Relic’s world-class product team.
What You'll Do
- Plan and execute software development projects within and across teams
- Partner closely with product stakeholders to influence team priorities and roadmap
- Mentor and develop an engineering team by holding regular mentoring and career pathing conversations
- Provide growth opportunities for engineers by assigning projects tailored to skill level and interests
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep your team executing efficiently
- 3+ years of experience in leadership roles on software engineering teams
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software in regular, iterative releases
- Ability to collaborate within your own and across departments
- Familiarity with contemporary people management practices
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Technical abilities, especially in Front-End engineering, and large-scale environments
- Expertise in reliability practices such as automated testing
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.