Senior Manager, Engineering - Financial Systems - Remote
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to lead our Financial Engineering Team in scaling our software stack. With cutting-edge technology and business models comes a need to organize, structure, and support our growing team, and we’re searching for that leader to bring us to the next level!
Support the building and maintaining of custom tools, scripts, and process flows in various SaaS platforms, ranging from ERPs and billing systems to revenue recognition software and integration platforms. Our new engineering leader will lead by example - willing to roll up their sleeves during a code review, promote standard methodologies, and foster an environment for professional growth.
Our ideal candidate should have a proven track record working in financial systems for a public company, be familiar with relevant software languages, and follow standard methodologies for SDLC. Bonus points for previous management experience overseeing engineering teams that are SaaS-focused. Consider applying if you enjoy crafting solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
In addition to our central San Francisco, Portland, and Atlanta locations (expected to open up again in 2022), remote applicants who can work West Coast hours from a home office where New Relic can do business are welcome to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of engineers working on SaaS financial software solutions
- Resolve problems end-to-end, from system design and development to operability and scalability
- Plan and execute strategies for completing projects on-time
- Communicate technical information to non-technical partners
- Implement new financial tools and systems as required by the business
- Take initiative to improve our existing stack, ranging from bug fixes to enhancements
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team of PMs, Engineers, QA, BSAs, and internal partners to deliver robust solutions for our Finance, Product, and GTM teams
- 7+ years in software engineering or financial systems roles
- 5+ years of management experience
- Background in SaaS billing platforms, including Zuora, Avalara, and Braintree
- Expertise working with ERP platforms like Netsuite, Oracle, or SAP
- Proper SLDC processes, including automated deployments with tools like Jenkins, backups with Git, and instrumented monitoring (with New Relic!)
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP APIs
- A deep understanding of financial use cases and business processes
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and seeing opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency
- Experience with usage-based billing models
Must be willing to work Pacific Time hours.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.