Lead Software Engineer - Java - Platform
Lead Software Engineer - Java - Platform
As a Senior Engineer, you will be joining in our growing Platform Services teams where you’ll be working with a highly skilled team that has been dealing with modern software in high-throughput environments. Expect interesting challenges in this rapidly evolving area.
What You’ll Do
- You will be a member of the Platform Services team, this means that you need to be familiar with or be up to the challenge to work with many technologies.
- Create and maintain distributed high-throughput applications with technologies with different technologies like Java, Kotlin or NodeJs, this includes building GraphQL APIs.
- Create and maintain real-time processing services with KStream on top of one of the biggest Kafka clusters in the world, with powerful search capabilities running a fault-tolerant Elasticsearch cluster.
- Ensure architectural direction with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Be an evangelist and mentor for best practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
- You have a high level of expertise developing, shipping and maintaining high throughput Java services. Experience with other languages like Kotlin or NodeJS is a plus.
- You’re an expert working with REST APIs and GraphQL APIs (deep understanding of HTTP, pagination, request retrial, …)
- You’re very comfortable with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues.
- You’re well versed in common distributed systems patterns like backpressure, circuit breaks or bulkheads.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You have great team player skills.
- You speak fluent English.
- You’re passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires.
- You’re very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You understand the value that builds and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Bonus points for being an Open source contributor and/or speaking Spanish.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.