Legal Counsel, Commercial
Legal Counsel, Commercial
San Francisco, California
New Relic is looking for a new legal counsel to partner with our whip-smart, collaborative legal team and focuses on handling commercial transactions. Joining the New Relic Legal Team means that you will have the chance to make an immediate impact and have a voice that is heard and respected, while encouraged to grow in your abilities and curate your own career path. If you love working with sales teams and have a background as a transactional lawyer with contract experience in the SaaS Software industry, read on!
In this role, you will work with a globally dispersed team to support New Relic's commercial activities by structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts. We'll need you to have excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner. This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Negotiate SaaS contracts and other commercial agreements
- Support and coach sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Act as the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing New Relic's overall business objectives
- 5 + years of professional experience; in-house experience is a plus
- Practical experience in SaaS licensing negotiations with a solid knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.